Many people think of steam cleaning when they consider cleaning their carpets. It’s not always the best choice…and, in fact, there are lots of reasons that CitruSolution is better. So, here are 10 reasons to avoid steam cleaning. (By the way, it’s not steam – it’s hot soapy water!)
- It gets dirty again quick. Reason: The soapy water solution is formulated to make dirt stick to it, and that’s just what it does. That means dirt on your shoes, pets feet, etc. will stick to the carpet after it’s dried.
- They don’t rinse the soap out. “Steam cleaning” companies almost never go back over what they have cleaned – it’s just sprayed in the soapy water and sucked back out. They can’t afford to do that and keep their cut-rate prices. Think how your hair would look if you shampooed it but didn’t rinse – yuck!
- Hundreds of gallons of hot soapy water go in, about 95% of it comes out. The pad and the floor below the carpet are often thoroughly soaked and can take days to dry. This warm, wet space below your carpet is primed to become a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
- Water pollution! At the end of every day, “steam cleaning” companies have created hundreds of gallons of filthy, soap infused water that has to be disposed of somewhere – at best, in the community sewage treatment system. This adds up quick, and it’s totally unnecessary. Your tax dollars go to clean up the mess they create – as much as it can be!
- Air pollution! Many “steam cleaning” companies use large, truck-mounted machines that run off of the vehicle’s engine, which must be kept running and blowing exhaust out into the atmosphere.
- Dragging big, dirty hoses all through your house. Those guys don’t have time to wash off those hoses between jobs, and often don’t wash them off but once a week, if that. They often get dragged across your baseboards, the corners of walls, bottoms of furniture, and leave dirt and sometimes cause damage to paint, drywall and furniture.
- That funky smell. Remember that thing about mold and mildew growth? Along with that, all the nasty dirt and soap that gets left behind in the carpet gets to smelling like wet laundry that is left lying around.
- Long drying times – and you have to stay off of the carpet until they dry, which is sometimes for days.
- Stains that reappear after a few days – happens all the time.
- Avoid needing to have it done over in a few weeks or months. Do it right the first time with CitruSolution: cleans better, dries faster, stays cleaner longer and smells great!
Why you should hire a whitewater canoeing instructor to clean your carpets, rugs and furniture?
I am a certified whitewater canoeing instructor. So what does that have to do with cleaning your carpets? More than you might think.
When I teach people how to paddle, some vital principles are involved. Number one is safety. I am trained and experienced in anticipating and avoiding hazards on the river so they do not become dangerous problems. I am habitually careful about handling equipment and being conscious of who is around me. Your child or pet may slip into an area where I am operating my equipment, but I am not going to be zoned out. I regard operating in your home much like taking someone down a river. I always let you know what to expect because I am acutely aware how nasty surprises can spoil what’s an otherwise great experience.
I take great care of my equipment and make sure I have all the supplies I need for every job. On a whitewater river, lives can depend on that. Maybe not so much in your house, but it’s good to know I will have what I need to get the job done right.
Finally, I have learned as a paddling instructor that things can still go wrong no matter what you do – so I am fully insured at all times, for your protection and mine. Kinda like on a river, we have fun, be safe, and enjoy the beautiful scenery of your carpets, rugs and furniture cleaned and looking like new.
Once we had a little dog… She was wonderful, sweet, and very obedient about almost everything. The one exception was staying off the furniture. No matter how many times we scolded her about it, we’d leave the room and come back to find her lying on the couch or chair. She would look at us with guilt written all over her face, and slink down off the couch and try to go hide somewhere. It was really kind of cute, except that the furniture would wind up smelling like a dog, and she was not the best smelling dog ever. In addition, she scratched and chewed on herself much more than most, so our furniture really took on a look and smell that was, politely stated, not so nice.
I wish we had known about CitruSolution back then. I have cleaned many chairs and sofas since then, and restored them from gross to fabulous. Some looked like pretty hopeless cases to their owners, but they cleaned up amazingly well with the power of CitruSolution. Check out these photos! (Stains not caused by a dog in this case, but you still get the idea.)
On April 22, CitruSolution was there supporting Brother Wolf Animal Rescue’s annual “Run for the Paws” fundraiser. CitruSolution was a supporting business but went beyond that to offer to donate 10% of each job coming from the event to further support the work and mission of Brother Wolf.
We love dogs, and it was great to be out there with so many fellow dog lovers helping to find loving homes for those in need. This is one of many ways CitruSolution connects with and serves our community. We also provide safe, non-toxic cleaning of your carpets, rugs, and furniture. Our process is 100% safe for your children, whether they have two or four legs!